Skip to main content

Nesting---30 weeks and counting...I have lost my mind!!


I can't rip myself away from the sewing machine!! Except for 10 min here and there to swap out the laundry, feed the kids, and make sure that basic needs are met and my house doesn't get destroyed. LOL And you know how normally (I think I mentioned) once I start a project, I can't stop until that project is done?! Well---not so much the case this week....I have my nursery things going, a valance for the playroom, a few mei tai's, and whatever else I get the urge to do.....lol I just get bored with one and go to another. I'll get it all done soon, but I can't stay on just one project for some reason!! I think my sewing machine is gonna bite the dust if I don't chill out. Its not the best in the world......poor thing. LOL Thank God Christmas is right around the corner!! Momma's gettin a new sewing machine!! YAY!
::update::
LOL finished the curtain in the playroom, converted an old changing table into a cute little reading bench for the kids (I mean this is an ancient changing table, very sturdy, but unable to be used for a changing table anymore) I spray painted it white and painted circles on it to match the pattern of my fabric...made a cushion for the seat and had the kids help make some cute little pillows---and when I find that stinkin camera charger--grr.... And ordered some more fabric for some mei tai orders......tomorrow I really need to finish the crib bumper and valance for the baby's room and look for that charger!! And clean the kitchen back up and put away the laundry. Did I mention that Friday I brought ALL of the kids' clothes downstairs and sorted through them? I still had things for Gen in size 12-18 months floating around her room...LOL. She is so excited that she can pick out her own clothes now and THEY ALL FIT!! (sad, I know) I have to put Trip's things away for him and decide between having a yard sale or selling on craigslist or something. Am I brave enough to have a yard sale?! LOL May be a good idea for some extra money for the BABY!!!! 

Sorry for my ramblings, once again....I am definitely nesting---maybe I will move from behind the scenes and making things to getting things pretty and clean soon...I always do this. (well, I did with Trip and Gen anyway) In a week or two, all my closets and cabinets will be perfectly organized and neat, I'll have curtains and baby things made, and my house will otherwise be trashed--then I'll move to phase II:putting it all together. I love it!! LOL 

Sorry to ramble....like I said, I have lost my mind!!! 
::More getting ready for baby news::
The only things I've bought are material for the baby's room and some cloth diapers (bought both around 18-20 weeks I think) and I picked up a gender neutral sleeper and a sweater set a few weeks ago. I can't wait to be able to buy more!! I'm trying to remind myself that I can pace myself as the baby grows and don't need EVERYTHING all at once....hopefully that will cut down on my buying things and forgetting that I even have them!! Right now we need a place for baby to sleep, a carseat, and a few basic newborn things and nursing things....and I want a portable swing. Anything else I have decided I can get creative. They didn't have 20 different bouncy seats and all that stuff way back when. LOL I'm trying to sew a few good slings b/c I'm sure this baby is gonna be with me a LOT. I'm not sure how well I trust older kids and a hardwood floor to a baby in a bouncy seat or swing too much. And trying to convince DH to knit some wool soakers for me....I may cut up some of his old sweaters or take him to Salvation Army with me to look for some good wool sweaters to cut up.....lol He has a better eye for things like that.
sorry to ramble...LOL

Oh yeah, trying to decide between a basinette, cradle, playpen w/basinette insert, bedside co-sleeper, or one of those co-sleepers that goes on the bed between the parents....any suggestions? I'm leaning more toward the playpen...and I'm thinking of investing in the radian 80 carseats for all 3 of my kids...one at a time, of course--but it seems like the best seat for our needs.....any suggestions are welcomed!!! 
I'm getting lazy with my blogs...lol I'm going to post a blog that isn't also posted on my message board soon, I promise!! I just don't like having to re-type things over and over. SO I just copy/paste from here or there...whichever I type first!! LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aha!

I DID post more blog installments, only on a different blog. Some of my posts were of a bitter, angry, "everything is unfair" type....but know that I'm over it all now. The people it involves are much loved and all has been forgiven. (Well, the family stuff anyway) lol So...I did, I did, I did post more!! See!!?? And reading back through a lot of it is very painful...because I know what was going on behind the words typed there. Anyway, there's some background of me, and whats gone on in my life the last 2-3 years or so...well, some of it. A Little South of Sanity Great name, huh? I just didn't think I could link to it. :)

11 or so weeks left!! Update on my baby....

**Added 8/21/07 at 10:16 pm  to explain more....         I just remembered the name--Its called "Fetal Pylectasis" the fancy shmancy name for fluid on the renal pelvic wall (kidneys) in a fetus...  The types of obstructions it could be are ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) and vesicoureteric reflux.(urinary reflux) for more information, you can google the key words!! LOL ;c)  There is another one, but I can't remember the name and he said that it would have been obvious on the ultrasound (when the ureters are developing and the cells in the middle of the tube don't "die off" to open the tube up to allow passage during early development) ....he said that it is possible that the baby could have UPJ and urinary reflux...more common in boys. hmm...more reason to think its a boy. Anyway, at this point they want to monitor the fluid levels of both the kidneys and the amniotic fluid, to watch for any change--good or bad. I'm just relieved to have learned so much a