Skip to main content

tonsillectomy and adenoids too!!


Well, Genna-Clair had her surgery this morning. She was a little champ, so happy and thoroughly distracted as long as we were holding her, giving kisses or tickle bugs, and reading books. Then they took her to the holding area to prepare for surgery. She was okay, then they came in and the anesthesiologist talked to her and they put a blue cap on her head, and a nurse wrapped her in her blanket, took her and her teddy bear and her lovie blanket(a burp cloth with a colorful ribbon and the letter G sewn onto it) and took them to get their tonsils out. Thats when she started crying. It was so sad!! By the time we got back to her room, they called down and told us that she did well with the anesthesia and that they were starting surgery!! About an hour or so later, they brought her back on her bed, with a nurse holding her to comfort her. Then they handed her off to me, and she lost it!! She was so sad that they had taken her away from her mommy--to the slaughter--and now she got to have me back and she was in so much pain!! Luckily I was able to console her and got her to drink some apple juice so they could take out the IV. She was terrified of the IV. about 2 hours later after 2 cups of apple juice and some orange yogurt, she was released to go home!!
She was exhausted!! She didn't go to bed till nearly 11 last night--we let her stay up to have some chocolate milk and a snack, since she couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight--and then she got up and 5 and was going non-stop till her surgery around 8 am! She's just been snoozing since we got home, and every time she opens her eyes I try to encourage her to get a few sips of a drink and eat something. The idea that she'll have to go back to the hospital and get an IV has been good leverage for making sure she stays hydrated and has something in her tummy. (I know, I'm mean.) I feel so bad for her! She said "I want them to put my tonsils back so I sound like Genna-Clair again!" She seriously sounds like she swallowed a balloon full of helium! lol Its just hard for her to really talk so she's using her higher registers to get a sound out. I know everything has to be soo unbelievably sore. After a breathing tube and someone cutting things out of your throat!! OUCH!!! She says her lips hurt, too--I'm sure from when they had to hyper-extend her jaw. My poor baby girl. I'm just praying that tonight is easier than what I'm expecting---and I know that tomorrow is going to be the real trial. I just hate that since she's so little she can get dehydrated and malnourished so easily.
Trip just went to church with Davey. He was so glad to get out of the house and to do something with one of us by himself. He doesn't really get it that his baby sister is in so much pain. I think he feels like he's being neglected.
Anyway, my tummy's rumbling and #3 is demanding some attention!! lol Speaking of the little sprout, when I put Genna-Clair on my lap after her surgery and was holding her, she was screaming and the baby was going nuts!! I love that he/she can hear things now, and I'll bet the pressure from her lying on me wasn't making little sprout too happy! lol I felt all kinds of pushing and poking and then once she calmed down, we got a few more little pushes and then things settled down in there, too. =) Gen liked me telling her that the baby was worried about its big sister!! Too sweet!!

*Sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aha!

I DID post more blog installments, only on a different blog. Some of my posts were of a bitter, angry, "everything is unfair" type....but know that I'm over it all now. The people it involves are much loved and all has been forgiven. (Well, the family stuff anyway) lol So...I did, I did, I did post more!! See!!?? And reading back through a lot of it is very painful...because I know what was going on behind the words typed there. Anyway, there's some background of me, and whats gone on in my life the last 2-3 years or so...well, some of it. A Little South of Sanity Great name, huh? I just didn't think I could link to it. :)

11 or so weeks left!! Update on my baby....

**Added 8/21/07 at 10:16 pm  to explain more....         I just remembered the name--Its called "Fetal Pylectasis" the fancy shmancy name for fluid on the renal pelvic wall (kidneys) in a fetus...  The types of obstructions it could be are ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) and vesicoureteric reflux.(urinary reflux) for more information, you can google the key words!! LOL ;c)  There is another one, but I can't remember the name and he said that it would have been obvious on the ultrasound (when the ureters are developing and the cells in the middle of the tube don't "die off" to open the tube up to allow passage during early development) ....he said that it is possible that the baby could have UPJ and urinary reflux...more common in boys. hmm...more reason to think its a boy. Anyway, at this point they want to monitor the fluid levels of both the kidneys and the amniotic fluid, to watch for any change--good or bad. I'm just relieved to have learned so much a

baby names

Well I said before that if this baby is a boy, its name would be Davin---Davey decided he doesn't really like that name very much and gave me a really good reason why, so I've decided that its okay NOT to use that name.... A little girl will be Ella or Ellie, and I'm keeping the name we've chosen for a boy kinda quiet except to close friends and relatives that I can trust not to say ugly things.... As far as my immediate family (mom dad siblings etc...) the baby will be Harry or Sue. lol I'm not telling them another thing because they've been so rude about it. Its my baby and if I want to name it Prudence or Darwin or Nancy or John or whatever,  I will! (I don't like those names, btw...lol) In other words....people need to keep their comments to themselves. just like with TRIP I will call my child what I want to, like it or not.